Dorchester County fully complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related statutes and regulations in all programs and activities. County meetings are conducted in accessible locations, materials can be provided in accessible formats, and provided in languages other than English. If you would like accessibility or language accommodation, please contact the Title VI Coordinator one week in advance of any meeting at Dorchester County at (843) 832-0144.
Comprehensive Plan Advisory Committee
- Date: 03/13/2018 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Location: Summerville County Council Chambers
500 N. Main St.
Summerville, South Carolina 29483
The Comprehensive Plan Advisory Committee is a group of fifteen (15) Dorchester County residents, appointed by County Council. It was established to provide feedback and guide development of the Plan.
The Advisory Committee is composed of geographically and demographically representative of the County's municipalities, communities and/or Council districts. They are charged with meeting on a regular basis to guide the planning consultant in the creation of several milestone deliverables and to process and reflect on information and input provided by the broader public at a series of public meetings/workshops held over the next year.
Role of the Advisory Committee
- Represent and be a voice of your community(ies)
- Help guide the process based on your local knowledge
- Participate in the meetings
- Be part of the public outreach program
- Build community support and enthusiasm
- Review the document and offer constructive feedback