Articles are auto-archived ninety days after the initial post date. To see an article older than ninety days please select archived news.
Dorchester County Fire Rescue Kicks Off Annual Toys For Tots Toy Drive
Dorchester County Fire Rescue (DCFR) is collecting new, unwrapped toys for Toys For Tots for the fourth consecutive year.
Dorchester County Deputy Fire Chief, Malcolm Burns said “The Toys for Tots program is important for our community. As a parent, knowing that some families have the burden of choosing between buying Christmas presents or putting food on the table or paying their electric bill, deeply saddens me. By donating toys to Toys for Tots, we are given the opportunity, to joyfully, take that one difficult decision out of the equation.”
Those wishing to donate may do so at one of the below DCFR Stations:
- Station 3 - 134 S. Railroad Avenue, Harleyville
- Station 8 - 532 Ridge Road, Ridgeville
- Station 9 - 109 Dutch Krakeel Road, St. George
- Station 10 - W. 5th North Street (Hwy 75), Summerville
- Station 11 - 200 Hundred Oaks Parkway (The Ponds Subdivision), Summerville
- Station 21 - 4214 Ladson Road, Ladson
- Station 22 - 706 Miles Road, Summerville
- Station 23 -10410 Dorchester Road, Summerville
- DCFR Headquarters - 101 Ridge Street, Suite 6, St. George
Donations will be accepted through Wednesday, December 5, 2018.
All questions should be directed to Dorchester County Fire Rescue at (843) 563-0214.