Note: All news and notices are archived ninety days after the initial post date.
Target Zero DUI Checkpoints Announced
The Dorchester County Sheriff's Office will be conducting several public safety checkpoints and DUI saturation patrols beginning December 28, 2018 - December 31, 2018.
The patrols/checkpoints have been coordinated in response to collisions, citizen traffic complaints, and previous enforcement.
The driver will be checked for a valid driver’s license, possible impairment, seat belt use, proper child restraints and any other violations that may be visible to the deputy. Motorists are urged to use caution when traveling in these areas and to remain alert for the presence of law enforcement officers.
Deputies will be stationed at various locations throughout the County, including the following locations:
- 9000 block of Dorchester Road in North Charleston
- Windsor Hill Blvd. and Ashley Phosphate Road
- Ladson Road near Summerville and North Charleston
- Wallace Ackerman Road near Summerville and North Charleston
- Miles Road and Judith Drive near Summerville
- 200 block of Orangeburg Road near Summerville
- Parsons Road and Central Avenue in Summerville
- Highway 61
- Highway 27 in Ridgeville
- Highway 78 and Maple Street
- Interstates 26 and 95