Note: All news and notices are archived ninety days after the initial post date.
Fire-Rescue’s Annual Toys For Tots Drive Underway
Dorchester County Fire-Rescue (DCFR) is collecting new, unwrapped toys for Toys For Tots for the third consecutive year.
DCFR collected over seventy-five (75) toys in 2016. With hopes of more than doubling that number, the department has added five (5) additional drop-off locations, throughout Dorchester County.
Malcom Burns, Dorchester County Deputy Fire Chief spearheads the annual campaign.
Burns said “The Toys for Tots program is important. As a parent, knowing that some families, often, have to choose between buying Christmas presents or putting food on the table or paying their electric bill, deeply saddens me. By participating and donating toys to Toys for Tots, we are given the opportunity, to joyfully, take that one difficult decision out of the equation.”
Those wishing to donate may do so at one of the below DCFR Stations:
- Station 3 - 134 S. Railroad Avenue, Harleyville
- Station 8 - 532 Ridge Road, Ridgeville
- Station 9 - 109 Dutch Krakeel Road, St. George
- Station 10 - W. 5th North Street (Hwy 75), Summerville
- Station 11 - 200 Hundred Oaks Parkway (The Ponds Subdivision), Summerville
- Station 21 - 177 Ladson Road, Summerville
- Station 22 - 706 Miles Road, Summerville
- Station 23 -10410 Dorchester Road, Summerville
- DCFR Headquarters - 101 Ridge Street, Suite 6, St. George
Donations will be accepted through Wednesday, December 6, 2017.