The purpose of Dorchester County’s social media presence is to provide information about Dorchester County services, events & happenings, history, meetings, emergency updates and programs, as well as other information that is of public interest to residents, businesses and visitors. We encourage you to submit your questions, comments, and concerns, but please note this is a moderated online discussion site and not a public forum.
To promote respectful discussion within Dorchester County's social media sites, we request that you be courteous and productive and avoid comments that are off-topic, profane, obscene, offensive, sexually explicit, inappropriate, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
By posting a comment or other material to any/all of Dorchester County's social media sites, users give Dorchester County the irrevocable right to review, edit, delete and/or ban users in its sole discretion, submissions for any reason, including but not limited to:
1. Comments that contain offensive, obscene, inflammatory, unlawful, threatening, harassing, illegal, defamatory, slanderous, vulgar or hostile language towards any individual or entity.
2. Personal attacks of any kind;
3. Comments or content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, genetics, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or intellectual disability or sexual orientation;
4. Spam or links to other sites;
5. Discussion not relevant to topic;
6. Advocates illegal activity;
7. Promote particular services, products, or political organizations or causes;
8. Infringe on copyrights or trademarks;
9. Personally identifiable medical information; or
10. Information that may compromise the safety, security or proceedings of public systems or any criminal or civil investigations.
The comments expressed on this site do not reflect the opinions and position of the Dorchester County Government or its officers and employees.