Use the map below to locate an open shelter in Dorchester County.
Public evacuation shelters do NOT provide comforts. Shelter evacuees will be required to shelter in hallways while winds are in excess of 39 mph. Shelter capacities are determined by allocating 15 square feet per person. Shelters meant to provide a safe and secure structure from a storm or another disaster.
What To Bring To A Shelter
- Bedding - blankets, sleeping bags, and pillows
- 1 Day Food Supply - consider special dietary needs
- Essential Medications - fill any prescriptions to ensure enough supply
- Phone and Charger - bring extra battery packs or solar chargers
- Personal Hygiene - toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.
- Clothing - consider rain gear and sturdy shoes
- Infant Needs - formula, diapers, etc.
- Unique Family Needs - consider persons who are elderly or have special medical needs
- Emergency Kit
- Children's Items - reading books, stuffed animal, or coloring books