Dorchester County Fire-Rescue is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants must apply online at Neogov.com and complete the Dorchester County Fire Rescue Employment Application if a position is posted.
Note: All sections of the application must be completed and must include the position(s) for which you are applying.
Additional Required Documents:
Copies of the following items are required to be brought to orientation if selected for employment:
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- High School Diploma or GED or Transcript and/or College Degree
- Current Driver’s License
- Certified copy of 10 year Driving Record.
- Veterans should also include a copy of their DD-214
Note: If the applicant has an out of state license, they must obtain a valid SC Driver's License prior to employment with Dorchester County Fire-Rescue.
Post Application Submission Process
Once contacted for employment applicants must successfully complete the below items before an employment offer will be made:
1. Standardized comprehension test (Nelson-Denny)
2. Physical agility test (JRAT)