- Friends of Dorchester County Parks, Fish Brosnan Forest has been postponed, TBD
- YMCA Flowertown Festival postponed to September 4-6, 2020 (Labor Day Weekend)
- Summerville Chamber Flowertown Friday Night postponed to September 4, 2020
- Summerville Masonic Lodge, Smoke at the Lodge postponed to September 4, 2020
- Ashley River Adventure Race postponed to November 14, 2020
- Summerville Farmers' Market canceled until further notice
- Summerville DREAM, Third Thursday's canceled until further notice
- Dorchester Habitat, Lowcountry Blast & Boil, April 17, postponed, TBD
Dorchester County Library
All Dorchester County Library facilities are closed until further notice. Book returns are also closed. For patrons who have already borrowed library materials, we are extending loan periods during this time. Holds will still be available to patrons for 7 days after the Library reopens. No late fees will be assessed while the Library is closed.
All electronic resources and downloadable materials are available with your library card through the library website. Wi-Fi services will be available 24 hours per day directly outside Library buildings.
Senior Centers and Services
Due to the safety concern of our seniors and employees, Dorchester Seniors, Inc. both seniors centers are closed to the public.
Seniors who participate in the Home-Delivered Meal Program will continue to receive meals with no changes.
Seniors who participate in the Group-Dining Program will also continue to receive meals, either by delivery to their home or pre-arranged pickup at the senior center. Meal reservations are required 1-day in advance of lunch by calling (843) 871-5053 Summerville or (843) 563-3709 St. George.
The Summerville YMCA facilities and programs/operations are closed until further notice.
SC Works Trident
Regional employment program SC Works Trident offices are closed.
- Unemployment Benefits: For assistance applying for unemployment benefits, claims representatives are available through Telclaim at 1(866) 831-1724 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays. Customers can file for unemployment at scuihub.dew.sc.gov/.
- Job Searches: Customers can complete their job search at jobs.scworks.org/. For more information on the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Program, please visit scworkstrident.org and complete the SC Works online orientation.