Containers for Construction and Demolition Debris are available at the following Convenience Sites:
- Old Fort(Oakbrook) Convenience Site
- St. George(Hwy 78) Convenience Site
- Sandy Pines Convenience Site
- Bucks (Knightsville) Convenience Site
- Givhans Convenience Site
Contractor and/or Commercial Business dumping is strictly prohibited at Dorchester County Convenience Sites.
Convenience Sites Hours of Operations
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday: 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Convenience Sites are closed for the following Holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
Questions? Contact the Solid Waste Department (843) 832-0070.
- Dorchester county residential waste only. Proof of residency may be required.
- No construction/demolition or yard waste from contractors or commercial businesses shall be accepted.
- No vehicles larger than a 3/4 ton pick-up shall be accepted.
- No trailers larger than single-axle measuring 8'l x 5'w x 2'h shall be accepted.
- Vehicles and/or trailers displaying contractor or commercial signage are prohibited.
- No combinations of pick-up and trailer loads are allowed.
- No scavenging.
- Unauthorized waste disposal, including out-of- county waste shall be treated as illegal dumping.
- All persons shall comply with directions given by site attendants.
- No person shall exhibit disruptive or abusive conduct toward site attendants or other site users.
VIOLATION AND PENALTY
Any person convicted for violating this policy under the terms of county ordinance 16-11 shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be fined not more than $500 and/or imprisoned for not more than 30 days.